Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Leah's Last Day

Today was Leah's last day as Max's nanny. So sad!!! We will miss her like crazy. She has been so wonderful and loving to Max. Leah recently moved and now lives a little too far away to continue watching Max. She has become such a good friend though, that I know we will continue to see each other. Just not every Monday through Friday! So now Max is going to have to deal with just me and Eli every day until I go back to work (in only six more weeks!). We are exploring options for what to do for childcare when I return to work and are debating between a live-in au pair or daycare for the kids. The thought of putting Max in daycare when he was Eli's age made me feel physically ill, which is why he has always had a nanny. But now that he is older, I think Max would thrive in a place with a bunch of kids. It's just Eli I worry about. Although I admit that I am less nervous about daycare for Eli than I was for Max since poor Eli doesn't get held nearly as much as Max did as a newborn. It's tough to give Eli a lot of attention when I have a rambunctious 17-month old wanting me to play with him constantly! Eli would probably get held more at the daycare!! Poor second child.

Anyway, below are a few photos of Max and Leah. We miss you already, Leah!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - what a great nanny! Had you thought about getting an au pair for your future childcare. Because their cost is so reasonable, the au pairs work well with young kids and can take care of one while the other's in pre-school once that occurs. We have hundreds of young women who remind me of your Leah. If you'd like more information, let me know - Emily Davis 805-371-8855 emily.davis@lcc.culturalcare.com

Mama J said...

Jessica-I just read your blog. Love it. Anyway, I wanted to let you know that we put Olivia in a Montessori school three weeks ago. It is bilingual (because Olivia speaking Chinese is the only way that we are going to be able to communicate with the locals!) It is very low key, lots of activities, music, playing etc. The first week was HARD; she cried a lot, and clung really tight to us. Second week was better but it was still difficult to leave her. Today when I dropped her off, I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye to her; she had rushed into the classroom to see her friends and teachers. She is only going 8:30-12 but seems really adjusted to it and says "school" and reaches for the door to leave the apartment in the mornings. For confident, intelligent, and happy kids I think that it is a good thing (providing you find the right school that is!). She is growing up so fast.
Take care, and keep posting.
J