Sunday, July 6, 2008

Ellen and Bob's Goodbye Dinner

Our dear friends Ellen and Bob are just days away from moving to Michigan to start a new, simpler life. I am so excited for them, but so sad that we will not be living near each other any more. They have been a huge part of lives since Ellen and I became friends our first year of law school. Last Saturday Rob and I hosted a goodbye dinner for them and had over Gen and Chris, and Monica and David. It was a lot of fun! I had a great time cooking a fancy dinner for them (which later caused my darn gallbladder attack!). :-) Below are a few photos from our evening.


Ellen, Bob and Jack.

Monica and David. They have a sweet 2-year old daughter named Naiya who is adorable.

Gen and Chris. Gen, Ellen and I all became good friends in our first year of law school. I remember elbowing my way into their study group because I liked them so much and they were two of the smartest people in my section.

The gals (and Eli).

Jack and Bob. Jack is such a big boy now! I remember being there when Jack was born . . . it seems like just yesterday.

2 comments:

albie dear said...

So, was the cameraman into to taking "action" shots or what...every one of your friends in the pictures is either talking or eating. HAHAHAHAHA...sorry to hear that Ellen and Bob are leaving although I envy them and their ability to get out and have an easier lifestyle, green surroundings. You should look forward to visiting them as soon as you can. XO

the main stitch upholstery said...

hi there. yes, eli is georgous. he looks very squishable. i miss babies so much. i ran a 5k in kingman this morning with my friend kelly and am at work now. i am going looking for wedding dresses (again) later today. i can't find what i want. i will probably just make one. i want a long sundress that is fitted in the bodice with a halter neck. this is not hard! or, at least, it shouldn't be. love the pics.