Thursday, May 8, 2008

Yesterday's Pediatrician Appointment

Yesterday was my first outing alone with my two boys. I took Max and Eli to the pediatrician for Eli's first checkup and to have Max's ears checked (I thought he might have an ear infection, but he doesn't!). It was surprisingly easy to travel with the two of them - everything just took longer! Eli's doctor thought he looked great. He is such an eating machine that he has put on weight like a champ. Yesterday, at 7 days old, he already weighed 7 p0unds, 4 ounces (up from his 6 pound, 13 ounce birth weight). Compared to my first breastfeeding experience with Max, feeding Eli has been a breeze. Max lost quite a bit of weight after he was born because we were having some latching issues and my milk took about 4 days to come in. With Eli, he latched on and started nursing about 15 minutes after being born!! Other than the fact that Eli wants to eat ALL the time, breastfeeding has been really easy this go around. Hopefully, he keeps gaining weight . . . I can't wait for him to hit 8 pounds so that I can put him in the baby bjorn.


Both of the boys asleep in the back on the car.


The boys in the double stroller. Max is pointing at the elevator buttons. He is all about pushing buttons right now.

On our way up to the doctor. . .

No comments: