Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A week of firsts. . .

This has been a week filled with "firsts" for the boys. Both Max and Eli had their first haircuts. I was their hairstylist and don't think I butchered their hair too badly! :-) Eli had one bit of really long hair and it just needed to go. It was looking a little too much like an old man comb-over. Max's curls were getting a little out of control, so I just gave him a bit of a trim. Rob told me not to cut it again though . . . he apparently likes the long, wild look on Max. And in other "firsts" news, I started Eli on solid food. Eli is SO happy to be eating like a big boy. I am really into making homemade baby food and have made Eli sweet potatos and butternut squash so far. He LOVES his sweet potatos, and tomorrow I will give him some of the squash. Below are some pics of these firsts. . . enjoy! :-)


Eli with a sweet potato face.


Max looking clean-cut after his haircut! :-) His hair looks super red in this picture, doesn't it?!?

Wild and crazy "before" hair. I tried to put the "before" pictures BEFORE the "after" shots, but they didn't upload that way. Oh well!


Eli looking adorable after his haircut! :-)


"Before," with the dreaded comb-over. . . .

1 comment:

Mama J said...

Good job on the haircuts. How on earth did you do it?
I bought scissors last week as Olivia's hair was really bothering her, but I couldn't get near her and was worried about (a) hurting her with the scissors because she won't sit still or (b) doing a complete botch job on her beautiful blonde curls. Anyway, I chickened out and decided to wait for Carl to come back from the US and then we'd do it together in her sleep (poor thing).
But I got home from work on Monday to discover that our ayi (nanny) had taken the initiative! Sadly she didn't save me any locks but it does look better.
I'm impressed with your haircutting skills.
: )