Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Back on the Wagon

I have been terrible about posting on this family blog - primarily because life has been SO BUSY with work and the boys.  And it is just going to get busier!  We are expecting a baby girl this month, in late May.  We are naming her Stella Anne Woelfel.  I cannot wait for her to get here! 

The backstory to this pregnancy is as follows:  We had no plans to have a third child and Stella is our wonderful surprise.  About 9 months ago Rob was picking up Max and Eli at their preschool and one of the teachers came up to Rob and said "I don't mean to pry, but are you and Jessica expecting another baby?  Max has been telling everyone his mommy has a baby in her belly."  Rob and I thought this was hilarious and said absolutely not!!!  However, two weeks later I started to feel under the weather, so I got a pregnancy test and it was positive.  Complete shock. 

So, I asked Max - in jest - if the baby was a boy or a girl.  He said, "it's a girl, and her name is Stella."  :-) 

At my 14 week ultrasound I was convinced that I saw boy parts, and the Dr. didn't disagree.  I told Max that I thought it was a boy, and he threw a fit and yelled "No!  It's a girl and her name is Stella!"  At my 20 week ultrasound we were shocked to learn that the baby is indeed a girl!  So, we are naming her Stella.  How could we not, right? 

No comments: