Friday, December 12, 2008

Tahoe Visit With The Miller Family

We recently spent a few days in Tahoe visiting our dear friends Mark and Alese, who were on vacation staying in their timeshare. It was wonderful to see them and their two daughters, Ava and Mia. We had a great time hanging out and watching our kids play together. We have spent a lot of time in Tahoe the last few weeks, and it is just getting me more and more excited to move. We are starting the move on Monday and I can't believe it! Goodbye Bay Area! :-) Of course, there has been NO snow in Tahoe all winter, but the weather report says it is supposed to snow for days and days starting tomorrow. So, I guess we will just have to move in the snow. That makes things a bit more difficult, but what do I really expect with us moving in the middle of December?

Eli's first pair of goggles. . . how cute is he?!? :-)


My cutie, Eli, wearing Rob's cap. Eli is getting a tooth! One of his bottom middle teeth is trying to break through. He seems to be handling it very well! Thank goodness.


Our Tahoe family portrait. :-)


View from the Gondola, heading up to Heavenly. We took the kids up there to play in the snow, since there was no snow on the ground in town. It was a fun trip up, until Max had a MELTDOWN.




Happier times on the gondola ride up. . . pre-Max meltdown. :-)



Looking out the window at the gorgeous view.



Eli enjoying the ride.



Eli is sitting up all by himself now! And he is scooting around a bunch and *almost* crawling. What a big boy.



My big boys. Max is really starting to talk up a storm. It is so cool. He is copying EVERYTHING. I really need to be careful. The other day I said "shit" and he said it too!!! Uh oh.




I love, love, love this picture. Eli was having so much fun riding on his dada's shoulders. Rob and I walked the kids from the gondola back to the resort we were staying at. I had Max on my shoulders for a while and the kids kept looking at each other and laughing. It was super cute.



Alese, Mia, Ava and Mark. What great friends, and what an adorable family.



So, this is a photo of Max towards the end of his meltdown. When we got to the observation deck off the gondola ride, Max was happy for a bit. But when I couldn't get him a *rock* (that is one of his new words) he went balistic and threw the biggest tantrum I have seen in a long while. It turns out he was super tired and finally went and stood in the corner of the Heavenly store and almost fell asleep. Since both Eli and Max were starting to melt down I decided to leave Mark and Alese to play with their kids on the mountain and I rode the gondola down with Max and Eli. On the way down, both kids fell asleep on me . . . Eli on my chest and Max fell asleep laying in my lap. So in order to let them sleep I rode the gondola up and down the mountain three times while they napped for an hour. :-) It was very peaceful.




Just before the aforementioned meltdown. . .



Playing with Mia.




Having a snack with Mia.



Hanging with my boys by the lake. Max kept trying to jump in the freezing water. He is crazy.



Max also was having fun throwing rocks into the water. Especially in the places he found ice.

1 comment:

slyefamily said...

oh, i have SO done the keep driving, keep riding, keep whatever-ing to let them have a nap!! :) when they're in need of sleep, they NEED it! :)