Sunday, June 7, 2009

I Can't Believe It's Been Over 2 Months Since I Last Posted and ELI TURNS ONE! :-)

No, I haven't abandoned my blog - things have just been so crazy and busy that it has been difficult to find time to maintain this blog. While I used to sit down at the end of the day and try to put down what we have been up to, now I am so pooped out after wrangling a 1 year old, a 2 year old and a three month old puppy, as well as working on my law practice, that I pretty much collapse! :-) But I am going to try to get back into the swing of things because I don't want to forget all of the neat things the boys are doing.


What has been happening over the last two months . . . . well, Eli turned one on April 30! He is such a big boy. He is now officially walking and has been for a few months (he started to really get it down between 12 and 13 months). We've been taking the boys to the beach a lot and they love it. And we got a new puppy, Sampson, who is a black lab and pointer mix. My law practice is going great and I just rented out an office space that I love. I'll post more on all of these things individually later.


For now, I am going to post some pictures from Eli's first birthday! It was a nice, mellow party. We had about 10 friends over and had a bbq. My friend Sarah (who owns a bakery) made Eli his "smash cake" and a bunch of gorgeous, gourmet cupcakes. So delicious! Eli's smash cake was awesome - and he had NO IDEA what to do with it! :-) I can't believe he is already one - time flies.



Presents!



Trying a yummy carrot-cake cupcake after the HUGE smashcake (see pic below).





Eli's smashcake. How cool is that? :-)






Max loves his little brother. Poor Eli was so pooped out during his party, it wasn't the most fun for him. Just like Christmas . . . he wanted to sleep through the whole thing! :-)

1 comment:

slyefamily said...

Love the cake! Love your boys!!!